Cat Salemi (they/them) is a Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor Associate (LCMHCA) in North Carolina and National Certified Counselor (NCC).
Cat’s Life Experience Gives Them a Unique Perspective
Cat identifies as queer and nonbinary, and is firmly committed to clinical practice that promotes equity for all and honors each person’s lived experience. As a neurodivergent therapist, they also believe in working with your brain’s natural patterns and strengths to promote growth, rather than working against them.
This includes accommodating you in session, whatever that means for you:
- stimming and satisfying your sensory needs
- low/no eye contact
- phone sessions (as appropriate)
- many other ways of existing in the therapy space that make you feel safe.
Much of Cat’s work with clients centers on helping people find and embrace their authentic selves, which in turn promotes and enhances connection with others. They take a wellness-oriented approach to therapy, focusing not just on solving problems, but on how to grow into your truest, happiest self.
Cat may be a good fit for you if you:
- Want a therapist who shares your identity as an LGBTQ+ and/or neurodivergent person, and embraces all aspects of your lived experience
- Desire therapy combines skills-based interventions with deep, genuine emotional exploration.
- Want a therapist who will laugh and joke with you, but also sit with you through intense, difficult emotions.
- Are struggling with autistic burnout, sensory overwhelm, and/or unsure how to stop masking & accommodate yourself.
- Struggle with repetitive or intrusive thoughts and urges that you feel you must complete
- Feel tired of navigating a world that denies and stigmatizes your identity, and you need a place to process.
- Need therapy that is kink-affirming, poly-affirming, and can support navigating consensual non-monogamy.
- Have been looking for a therapist who will walk beside you on your mental health journey, rather than trying to lead you.
- If you are part of the LGBTQIA2+ & Neurodiverse community and are looking to connect with others who share your challenges Cat’s LGBTQIA2+ & Neurodiverse Support Group may be a good fit.
Who Cat works with
- Adults (18+) anywhere in North Carolina via telehealth
- Trans, nonbinary, gender expansive, and questioning folks, as well as other members of the LGBTQ+ community
- ADHDers and Autistic people, using a non-pathologizing and neurodiversity-based approach
What concerns Cat works with:
- Low self-esteem
- Gender Exploration
- Trouble with executive functioning
- Sensory regulation difficulties
What approaches Cat uses:
- Narrative Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ExRP) for OCD
Cat’s experience includes:
- Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro (CACREP Accredited) (2022)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Warren Wilson College (2018)
- Over 500 hours of direct service to clients
In their free time, Cat enjoys:
- Sewing, embroidery, cross-stitch, crocheting, and crafts of all kinds
- Hanging out with their 18-year-old cat, Tiny
- Hyper focusing on their favorite video games
- Watching video essays & media analysis deep dives
Begin Your Own Unique Journey to Mental Well Being With Cat Salemi Today!
Cat has a unique life perspective that gives them a distinct advantage in working with LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with ADHD, and people with other neurodivergent issues. If you are struggling and in need of support in your mental health journey reach out and begin healing today.
- Fill out our convenient online contact form here.
- Learn more about Our Team here.
- Begin your journey to improved mental health and well-being.
Other Services Offered by Project Yes
At Project Yes, we offer Psychotherapy Services for Anxiety, Insomnia, Integrative Health, OCD, Trauma and PTSD, and Relationship Therapy as well as Yoga and Meditation Options. Additionally, we offer Psychedelic Psychotherapy, Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy, and more. We look forward to guiding you on your journey toward optimal physical and mental well-being.