Dr. Nicole Guerra
Licensed Psychologist (NC-5901)
Dr. Nicole Guerra (she/her) is a psychologist living in Durham, North Carolina. She enjoys working with clients on not only reducing symptoms, but also to lead happier and more fulfilling lives.
She works with individuals primarily using Cognitive Behavioral techniques to help them understand patterns of behaviors that may not serve them, and teaches skills to enhance quality of life.
Dr. Guerra is engaging, practical, and deeply compassionate.
Dr. Guerra may be a good fit for you if...
you find yourself stuck “in your head” with repeated thoughts, feeling tense or low energy, or dwelling on what has come to pass. You might find that you are a high achiever, and have perfectionistic tendencies that leave you feeling drained or absent in parts of your life. You may also struggle with insomnia and want help getting your sleep, and other health behaviors, back on track.
Dr. Guerra can also be your companion through the journey of grief, whether the loss be recent or farther back in time.
Who she works with:
What concerns she works with:
What approaches she uses:
- Depression: Behavioral Activation (BA), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Behavioral Analysis System of Psychotherapy (CBASP)
- Sleep Problems: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBTI)
- Pain management: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- PTSD and Trauma Treatment: Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Anxiety, Phobias, and OCD: CBT, Exposure Therapy, Exposure with Response Prevention (ExRP)
- Grief: Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Assertiveness, Confidence and Communication Skills
Her experience includes:
In her free time she enjoys:
- Sweet moments with her pug and cat
- Exploring the hikes and trails of the triangle
- Quality time with her family
Want to be more mindful?
Here's some simple tips for helping you Be More Mindful in Your Day.