Dr Stephanie Wells
Dr. Stephanie Wells (she/her) is a psychologist living in Durham, North Carolina. She is passionate about helping people live a life that is meaningful to them and aims to empower people to meet their goals.
She primarily uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and related approaches, which helps people understand how their emotions, thoughts, physical sensations and behaviors affect each other.
Having attained her Psychology Interjurisdictional Compact (PSYPACT) licence in recent years, Dr. Wells is able to practice across participating jurisdictions.
She has an active approach and provides clients with a variety of tools to use.
Dr. Wells may be a good fit for you if...
you are experiencing anxiety that gets in the way, upsetting traumatic memories, difficulties with your mood, or want to learn to understand and better manage your emotions.
She will help you through using approaches shown to be effective for the concerns you have. Dr. Wells is warm, compassionate, energetic, and uses humor.
Who she works with:
What concerns she works with:
What approaches she uses:
- Trauma Treatment & Moral Injury: Prolonged Exposure (PE), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Present-Centered Therapy
- Depression: Behavioral Activation (BA), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Emotion Difficulties : Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) Skills, Unified Protocol
- Sleep Problems: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBTI)
- Anxiety and OCD: CBT, Exposure Therapy, Exposure with Response Prevention (ExRP)
- Mindfulness Skills
- Values Clarification
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
Her experience includes:
In her free time she enjoys:
- Being at the beach
- Baking (ask about her amazing bagels)
- Spending time with loved ones
Want to be more mindful?
Here's some simple tips for helping you Be More Mindful in Your Day.