Jonah (he/him) is a counselor based in Durham, North Carolina. He is committed to supporting others’ growth toward more emotionally sustainable lives. His counseling philosophy is rooted in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, which involves learning skills and new perspectives to help clients pursue satisfying lives while accepting the presence of difficult thoughts and feelings.
Examine the Stories We Tell Ourselves
He also draws from Relational Cultural Therapy, which emphasizes authentic connection and mutual empathy. Jonah integrates tools from numerous other therapeutic approaches and places a high value on multicultural perspectives. He can help you examine stories you tell yourself that are not working for you and find ways to write new stories for yourself.
His counseling style is conversational and genuine, sprinkled with just a bit of humor.
Jonah may be a good fit for you if…
- You want help to navigate boundaries in consensual nonmonogamy.
- Maybe you are feeling disconnected from yourself or others, or feel unsatisfied with the life you are living.
- You are struggling with jealousy in your relationships
- Perhaps, you are looking for support in challenging the narratives that keep you stuck.
- You feel overwhelmed by your thoughts or emotions and unable to do what you want.
- Additionally, you are anxious or excited about the possibility of consensual nonmonogamy.
- You want to connect with members of the polyamorous community (or those just exploring) in a Support Group Setting.
Who he works with:
- Adults residing throughout North Carolina
- Fellow members of the polyamorous community
What concerns he works with:
- Exploring consensual non-monogamy
- Work/Academic stress
- Personal identity exploration (sexuality, gender, etc.)
- Relationship issues (both individually and within relationship configurations)
What approaches he uses:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Relational Cultural Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy
His experience includes:
- Master’s in Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Gottman Institute Certification levels 1 and 2
- Internship at Project Yes, PLLC
- Advanced Practicum at the Nicholas A. Vacc Counseling and Consulting Clinic
- Bachelor in Anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
In his free time, he enjoys:
- Dungeons and Dragons (the second-best reason to be poly)
- Studying Japanese
- Cuddling his dogs
- Reading or listening to novels
- Simply enjoying the presence of free time
Begin Your Own Unique Journey to Mental Well Being With Jonah Leslie Today!
Jonah has a unique perspective on Poly, Kink, and Nonmonogamous relationships and understands the challenges these relationships can bring with them. If you are exploring your relationship, looking to open your relationship, or simply in need of support, Jonah is here to help. Reach out today to begin strengthening your relationship and living the life that fits you!
- Fill out our convenient online contact form here.
- Learn more about Our Team here.
- Begin your journey to improved mental health and well-being.
Other Services Offered by Project Yes
At Project Yes, we offer Psychotherapy Services for Anxiety, Insomnia, Integrative Health, OCD, Trauma and PTSD, and Relationship Therapy as well as Yoga and Meditation Options. Additionally, we offer Psychedelic Psychotherapy, Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy, and more. We look forward to guiding you on your journey toward optimal physical and mental well-being.