Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) often manifests in the form of unwanted thoughts and compulsions. Common Symptoms of OCD are…
- Intrusive/distressing thoughts and images
- The need to repeat actions or thoughts
- Developing behavioral and/or mental rituals
- Obsessions are time consuming
- Rituals can interfere with other aspects of life
Project Yes PLLC therapists have assisted clients with many forms of OCD including:
- Sanitation or fear of contamination (sometimes in pop culture referred to as “germaphobia”)
- OCD health anxiety (infections, illness, STD’s)
- Fear of causing harm or offense to others
- Fear of being harmed or trying to prevent bad outcomes
- Relationship OCD
- Fear of not having done something correctly
- Scrupulosity or religious thoughts
- Postpartum OCD
The gold standard for treatment of OCD is exposure with response prevention (ExRP) and if you are seeking help with OCD we have therapists who specialize in this approach! Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is another evidence-based approach for OCD and may be additionally used. We can help you reclaim your life so you do not feel burdened by OCD!
Want to be more mindful?
Here's some simple tips for helping you Be More Mindful in Your Day.