What is social anxiety or social phobia?
Social anxiety is a discomfort with situations involving other people. This includes experiences such as:
- Avoiding situations where attention may be on the person
- Discomfort speaking in front of others and talking in a group
- Lots of time spent thinking about what others may think of them
- Worry that others will negatively judge them, reject them, or misunderstand them
- Fear of others noticing that you are anxious
Social anxiety can result in discomfort with necessary interactions, such within work or school contexts, making phone calls, and limiting relationships. We can help- and social anxiety therapy is highly effective!
Want to be more mindful?
Here's some simple tips for helping you Be More Mindful in Your Day.